[MPlayer-users] Re: file size falls short of 700MB for multi pass

Lubomir Blaha lblaha at mistral.cz
Mon Jun 23 20:13:24 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 09:28:58AM -0500, Jonathan Rogers wrote:
> >If you want two pass video encoding, vqscale is useless and you need vqmin
> >and vqmax.
>
> Are you saying that the manpage is incorrect? It clearly advocates using
> vqscale for the first pass. You may be right, but who am I to believe?
I don't know. This manpage tip I see first time (I looked for it right now :),
but when I had problem with file size, this tip was not there (mplayer docs
improve rapidly). I spent lots of hours with reencoding the same movie and
vqmin/vqmax finaly solve my problem.
Many options are great, but who know, how use it right and the best way? :(

So "Trust no one" [X-files] :))) Try it and maybe you'll have luck...

	Tritol

--
You're at Witt's End.