[MPlayer-users] strange avi generated

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Mon Jun 23 15:02:48 CEST 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:48:14 +1200
lzha022 at ec.auckland.ac.nz wrote:

> >you might want to try looking up the "videocodec mpng"-section in
> >your codecs.conf file and set the colorspace information line to
> >"out BGR24". That did the trick for me and my paletted PNGs, but
> >YMMV.
>
> I have done as you said. But the result is same. Any other idea
> please? Or anyone else met the same problem?

I had the same problem but the above solution worked for me. I
converted 24 bit rgb PNMs to PNG before mencoding them and where there
should have been flat colour I got vertical colour stripes. By default
mencoder is expecting 32 bit PNGs. codecs.conf said "out BGR32,BGR24",
I changed it to "out BGR24" and it worked.

Mencoder looks for codecs.conf in several places, maybe you changed
the wrong one?

I don't know if PNGs support other colour spaces. You could try
converting them with convert -colorspace from ImageMagick. Or you
could investigate the -palette, -sws, or the -vop colour space options
in mencoder.

Martin