[MPlayer-users] Crashing mplayer after end of video

Meino Christian Cramer mccramer at s.netic.de
Sun Jun 22 07:07:43 CEST 2003

Hi,

 since some cvs-snapshots including that of the 2003-06-21 I got
 mplayer's "I have crashed"warning at the end of each video (=it
 depends not on the video file or its format it seems) I play.

 As long the video runs, all seems to be ok.

 The video ends, and  -- so to say -- between the end of the video and
 the end of the program something happens, which result in a crash.
 Therefore the -loop option does not work.

 I did compile mplayer with the following little script:

 #!/bin/sh
 export CC=gcc; unset CFLAGS; unset CXXFLAGS;
 ./configure \
 --disable-gui \
 --disable-sdl \
 --disable-tv \
 --disable-tv-bsdbt848 \
 --disable-tv-v4l \
 --disable-xvid \
 --enable-dvdnav \
 --enable-dvdread \
 --enable-dxr3 \
 --enable-linux-devfs \
 --enable-menu \
 --enable-shared-pp \
 --enable-xmms \
 --prefix=/usr \
 --enable-debug=3 \
 && make && sudo make install && sudo ldconfig

 I used gdb v.: 5.3 to backtrace the problem:

 [Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 26991)]
 0x404bbd3c in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6
 (gdb) backtrace
 #0  0x404bbd3c in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6
 #1  0x0808170a in m_config_pop (config=0x83b9728) at m_option.h:236
 #2  0x080757c7 in play_tree_iter_step (iter=0x83b9728, d=1, with_nodes=0)
     at playtree.c:558
 #3  0x08069dc5 in main (argc=2, argv=0xbffff724) at mplayer.c:3517
 #4  0x40453d06 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6

 No other program shows this behaviour so I think libc has no problem
 . ;)

 My system consists of the following items:

 - used system, software: -
 Linux 2.4.21
 gcc 3.3.
 glibc 2.3.2.
 binutils 2.14.0 (ftp.gnu.org)
 gdb 5.3
 XFree 4.3.99.5 (hardware dri/drm enabled and working)
 IceWM 2.8

- used system, hardware: -
 ATI Radeon 7500 AGP made by Sapphire
 Athlon XP 2400+
 EPoX 8K5A3+
 256 MB DDR RAM

 The only thing, which I found in the output of the compiler process,
 which makes me wonder a little are the optimizing compiler flags,
 mplayer found for compiling :

 -O2 -march=athlon-4 -mcpu=athlon-4

 since my CPU is an Athlon-XP no Athlon-4

 cat /proc/cpuinfo shows on my system:

 processor	: 0
 vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
 cpu family	: 6
 model		: 8
 model name	: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
 stepping	: 1
 cpu MHz		: 1988.231
 cache size	: 256 KB
 fdiv_bug	: no
 hlt_bug		: no
 f00f_bug	: no
 coma_bug	: no
 fpu		: yes
 fpu_exception	: yes
 cpuid level	: 1
 wp		: yes
 flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
 bogomips	: 3971.48

 If I can support with more information please let me know.

 Kind regards,
 Meino Cramer