[MPlayer-users] Invisible subtitles on SOME dvd's

Sumant S.R. Oemrawsingh sumant.oemrawsingh at wolmail.nl
Sat Jun 21 02:11:31 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have read through the archive, but haven't found any message refering to
the problem that I have.

On certain dvd's (like region 2 Magnificent Warriors and other hong kong
legend dvds) the subtitles are completely invisible. I use the correct
-slang option, also tried the correct -sid option, -spuaa, -spualign etc.

On my stand-alone dvd player, I *can* see the subtitles, but with mplayer
(and mencoder for that matter) they are either not displayed or completely
invisible.

I have absolutely NO idea if this is a problem with the software, the dvd or
me. I haven't found any info regarding this in the manpage or in the
archive. If I've somehow missed it, I humbly apologize.

Thank you.
--
Sumant S. R. Oemrawsingh
Sumant.Oemrawsingh at WolMail.NL