[MPlayer-users] feature request

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jun 20 21:38:48 CEST 2003

> > Along similare lines, slow motion and frame forward and backward too.  The
> > plan is to use a jog and shuttle remote with lirc so that I can zerro in on
> > choice frames.
>
> AFAICS, frame-by-frame seeking will not be implemented for the "current"
> MPlayer, at most for MPlayer G2. The current infrastructure is only capable
> of seeking to keyframes, which often have distances of several seconds.

That makes sense.

how hard would it bee to add some seek types:
3 - relative keyframe  - jump ahead or back and stop on next keyframe

I can see how going backwards would be hard, so that could be left for later.

I wish I knew if what I was talking about was even close to reasonable. I guess someone will tell me.

ck