[MPlayer-users] How do you store DV?

Steve Edwards mplayerhq.hu at sedwards.com
Thu Jun 19 23:09:16 CEST 2003

I'm starting to transfer home movies using dvgrab to my computer for
editing.

I'm stunned at how much disk space this takes :)

A little video of my kid's piano recital took about 5gb!

I can see how a 200gb disk is going to seem pretty small pretty quick.

I want to start digitizing my old 8mm & vhs tapes as well and was planning
to use my Digital8 camcorder for the 8mm's and the "pass through"
connector for the vhs.

How do you store your DV raw footage? Do you compress it to mpeg4? Do you
keep it on hard drives or write to DVD's?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks in advance,