[MPlayer-users] 0.90 source code no longer compiles

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Jun 19 21:42:31 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 03:06:42AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

>>All of the above (except the removed-due-to-license-issues bit) I knew
>>already. What I was asking about was the oddball things, such as (as I
>>said) bl and zr, for which I've been able to find no indication of what
>>they are.
>
> zr is some hardware mpeg board...

Removed from requirements list, then.

>>That's not quite true - I looked into a documentation file that came in
>>on a CVS update in the last week or so, and think I found bl identified
>>as blinkenlights, but I don't see how the common meaning of
>>blinkenlights is appropriate as a video-out method. ^_^
>
> Look it up on freshmeat.

Would do, and may do, but.

Had already been to blinkenlights.de, as suggested elsewhere, but do not
see how that is relevant to video-out methods (unless the bl video-out
method assumes you have mplayer hooked up to something with such a
building's worth of window lights to turn on and off, which seems wildly
unlikely).

>>Lessee. The full list of missing not-inapplicable things is actually
>>shorter than I thought it was. Codecs and audio-out have nothing missing
>>(aside from libtheora, but that's best to wait on till Theora
>>stabilizes, I expect), video-out is missing zr and bl, and input is
>>missing dvdnav, dvdread, dvdcss, and smb. I'm not too worried about the
>>three DVD entries, because I do have libmpdvdkit2 (and have been able to
>>access DVDs, or at least I could with the old version), but the others
>>have stymied me.
>
> smb is smb filesystem support, so you can play files from a windows
> smb share without having to use smbclient to download it or smbmount
> to mount the share...

I gathered that, yes. What I haven't been able to figure out is what I
need to have in order to enable it. configure.log mentions libsmbclient,
which is present in the APT packages database I have, but is apparently
already installed - just not detected. libsmbclient.a and libsmbclient.h
are in /usr/include/, and I have just now symlinked them to
/usr/local/include (and done corresponding things to
/uar/lib/libsmbclient*), but configure still doesn't detect them.

I feel severely as if this is the sort of thing which should be covered
in the documentation rather than asked about onlist, but last time I
looked in the docs I don't think it was gone over, and I don't think
they have been updated that heavily since then... regardless, I don't
know where in the documentation I'd need to look.

--
       The Wanderer