[MPlayer-users] Re: Playing xcd image files

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Jun 19 15:25:37 CEST 2003

Martin Collins wrote:
> mplayer vcd://2 -cuefile movie.cue

Well, the syntax has changed for the CVS HEAD version, but it tells you
what the new syntax is.

>>If I place a filler file in the first position, things seem to work.
>

> Even without a filler file the movie will be track 2.

I realize that, but I just get a movie with junk in the frame for track
2. If I put the movie as the second Mode 2 file (track 3) it plays OK.

>>Also, cdrdao doesn't seem to like the TOC files mode2cdmaker makes,
>>so I haven't figured out how to burn such an image.
>

> It usually works for me. Maybe newer versions have become
> incompatible?

Specifically, the DATAFILE lines seem to have an incorrect format,
compared to the cdrdao manpage. What are the numbers starting with "#"?
Are they offsets? The manpage doesn't have anything like that. I'll
attach the TOC file mode2cdmaker generated.

>>Which archives are you referring to? Do you mean this list or
>>monter-movies? I read their FAQ, but I haven't found a way to
>>connect to the newsgroup itself yet.
>

> You may need a better news server than your ISP provides.

Yeah, the ISP's NNTP server doesn't seem to have it at all (or any
alt.binaries). I found a slow, read only public one.

Jonathan Rogers