[MPlayer-users] Re: [MEncoder] Synchonization lost when using Vorbis in a OGM

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jun 18 17:16:17 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:32:44AM +0200, Moritz Bunkus wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > It's a matter of the container format. ASF, QT, OGM, Matroska, and of
> > course our own NUT support variable framerate just fine.
>
> Not true for OGM, sadly. The FPS is stored in the header, and the
> granulepos is - surprise, surprise - the frame number, and not the
> timestamp of the video frame. This can be seen in ogminfo's output:

Bleh, OGM really does suck I guess... :( This brain damage isn't to
blame on the xiph crew though but rather the windows kids who hacked
together oggds... However, you still should be able to do like I
suggested with avi container (set framerate to lcm (e.g. 120) and use
durations) for mixed video.

Rich