[MPlayer-users] Re: Core dumped ; ) ... oh, ha, hilarious, it's a killer

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue Jun 17 18:14:50 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:02:09PM -0400, Matthew W. Miller wrote:
> >Hmm? Only developers have got access of course and since it's a joke of
> >developers I see no point why they would like to remove it.
>
> Yes, God forbid an unhelpful message should be clarified for the sake of
> those lame ol' *users*.

Nothing like that at all! But, what would YOU do if I request to repaint
YOUR car (which is painted 'funny' at least according you) just because I
don't like its color when _I_ was driving it after I borrowed it from you?
MPlayer is copyrighted (yes, GPL, but copyrighted by its authors) material,
so it belongs to someone(s). And yes they're working hard to make better and
better player and FREE usage for you. Are you sure enough that you're right
then?
:)

> they go to a different version is a realistic request.  Just editing the
> long-winded 'Your system is too SLOW to play this!' message down to, oh,
> say, a one-liner is tedium enough for one package.

Write a script to do that :) Create a diff file and you can patch it at once
etc ...

- Gábor (larta'H)