[MPlayer-users] problem with configure script

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Tue Jun 17 12:48:14 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 17. Juni 2003, 11:38:37 Uhr MET, schrieb Gansser, Martin:
> I tried to compile the last CVS on hpux 11.00, but i get the following
> error message:
> ./configure[655]: Syntax error at line 873 : `==' is not expected.
> I could solve the problem by removing the following lines from
> configure:
> if darwin ; then
>     if [[ `sysctl -n hw.vectorunit` == 1 ]]; then
>         _altivec=yes
>     fi

Hmm, it seems to me that /bin/sh on hpux is even more stupid than the
Solaris version. Why don't you look at the man page of sh and see what
they say about the syntax of [[.

--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of