[MPlayer-users] Playing AVI files created from matlab.

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Jun 17 10:47:20 CEST 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Roy Keene wrote:

>Hello, I'm having issues playing an AVI file that was generated by Matlab,

Now I must jump in and remind you about my earlier posting: I had the
reversed problem, ie. Matlab doesn't accept AVIs created with mencoder.
It should read raw rgb images.

However, it works if I use avilib to read the AVI and to write into another
file, copying all raw data. I made "aviavi" to do this, get it from
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/tmp/yuvtools.tar.gz
Maybe it would help with your problem too?

If some developer is interested: Matlab trial version for Linux can be
downloaded for free from mathworks website, and the AVI reading routines
seem to be coded in m-files (i.e. you can read the source and see where is
the problem assuming it's Matlab bug). I don't think I have time/interest
enough.