[MPlayer-users] Re: [transcode-users] playing a ripped dvd

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Jun 16 16:58:09 CEST 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Carl Karsten wrote:

> My c-600 system is too slow to play dvd's well.  top shows mplayer
> using 65% of the cpu and X using 35.

"top" doesn't tell much useful information. You can try mplayer with
"-benchmark" option to find out the truth.
But it look like not the CPU that's too slow, but most likely the X-Server
isn't accellerated for Video output (-vo xv in mplayer), or MTRR
registers aren't set up. What graphics card do you have? What does
the "xvinfo" command say?

With an accerated X-Server, Celeron-600 should be sufficent for DVDs. The
CSS decryptions isn't much of a deal...

Christoph