[MPlayer-users] CVS version fails with cross-compile

armin.gerritsen at philips.com armin.gerritsen at philips.com
Mon Jun 16 15:21:10 CEST 2003

Hello,

I just downloaded the latest CVS version, because I wanted to try
live-streaming ( http://www.live.com/mplayer/ ).
However, I do a crosscompile for an ARM platform. The previous versions
never had any problems with crosscompilation, but the latest CVS has a bug.
After doing a configure the Makefile has a few extra lines compared to older
versions. These will obviously fail on crosscompilation:

(Line 230)

codecs.conf.h: $(PRG_CFG)
 ./$(PRG_CFG) ./etc/codecs.conf > $@

codec-cfg.o: codecs.conf.h

They fail because prog_cfg is made by

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -g codec-cfg.c mp_msg.c -o $(PRG_CFG) -DCODECS2HTML
$(EXTRA_LIB) $(I18NLIBS)

... which in case of crosscompilation will fail to run on the host.

The codec-cfg* files changed also, so I guess that during this change the
guy forgot to think about crosscompilation support. :-)

Or is it me who is missing something? In that case, what changed since
previous releases? Do I need to add extra options to the configure script?

Regards,

Armin