[MPlayer-users] Playing xcd image files

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Sun Jun 15 21:23:33 CEST 2003

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
johan <jojohohanon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The a.b.monter-movies group likes to encode xvid into ogg containers
> and combine the resuting mess into an xcd image. They suggest
> mplayer as the linux tool-of-choice to play these.
>
> I've searched the list archives, and have seen some advice on how to
> play the burned disks afterwards, but is there any way to play the
> image w/o burning it?

If you have the cuefile cd into the directory with the movie and
   mplayer -vcd 2 -cuefile movie.cue
or
   mplayer vcd://2 -cuefile movie.cue
if you have a CVS mplayer.

I have seen movies from that group that would not play like this. It
seems some people are creating invalid XCDs.

Martin