[MPlayer-users] Playing xcd image files

johan jojohohanon at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 20:58:15 CEST 2003

Hi!

The a.b.monter-movies group likes to encode xvid into ogg containers
and combine the resuting mess into an xcd image. They suggest mplayer
as the linux tool-of-choice to play these.

I've searched the list archives, and have seen some advice on how to
play the burned disks afterwards, but is there any way to play the
image w/o burning it?

I can successfully play the short samples that are posted along with
the image (presumably same codec/container, no XCD header), and I can
also play more conventional (S)VCD images directly, but this
particular combination stumps me.

Any suggestions (besides RTFM/a)?

Thanks,

Johan