[MPlayer-users] Mplayer on Mandrake

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Jun 15 10:07:31 CEST 2003

On Sunday, 15 June 2003, gabucino at mplayerhq.hu wrote:
> Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> > Never ever advise a newbie to use --nodeps.
> Just for the record, when I was a newbie, and had RedHat, I always used
> --nodeps --force for rpm, so it would stop the damned whining.

Then either you broke your system or you weren't a newbie. I've seen many
cases of newbies coming back whining that their system broke after being
advised to use --nodeps on some usenet newsgroups.

> Not everybody wants to be controlled by a computer.

You weren't controlled by a machine, only by packager's whims. A machine
cannot control you. It only does what it's told to do.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/