[MPlayer-users] Bug: VESA lacks auto-ilpack

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Tue Jun 10 20:17:29 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 05:06:53PM +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>trying to play movies using the VESA driver (Mplayer from CVS
>yesterday), colors are hue-inverted, that is, skin color becomes blue
>for example, but black stays black.
>This bug is not present in MPlayer-0.90, and only within the vesa
>driver.  For now, one can bypass it with -vop ilpack

You too, huh?  This has been a problem since MPlayer-20030328.
	For more effective reporting of CVS-snapshot problems, please
determine exactly which CVS snapshot a problem arises with.  Test a
snapshot half-way between a known-good snapshot and a known-bad one.  If
it's good, it becomes the new known-good; otherwise, it becomes the new
known-bad.  Repeat until you have immediately adjacent dates for
known-good and known-bad.
	For example:

- I upgrade from MPlayer-20030306 to MPlayer-20030423 and find it has a
  bug.
- Known-good: MPlayer-20030323
  Known-bad:  MPlayer-20030423
                      Half-way: MPlayer-20030408 - Bad
- Known-good: MPlayer-20030323
  Known-bad:  MPlayer-20030408
                      Half-way: MPlayer-20030331 - Bad
- Known-good: MPlayer-20030323
  Known-bad:  MPlayer-20030331
                      Half-way: MPlayer-20030327 - Good
- Known-good: MPlayer-20030327
  Known-bad:  MPlayer-20030331
                      Half-way: MPlayer-20030329 - Bad
- Known-good: MPlayer-20030327
  Known-bad:  MPlayer-20030329
                      Half-way: MPlayer-20030328 - Bad
- Known-good: MPlayer-20030327
  Known-bad:  MPlayer-20030328
                      Adjacent dates!  Follow DOCS/bugreport.html .

	Anyway, my previous bugreport is in the mailing-list archive:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-April/032537.html

	Until the developers manage to fix it, you can work around it
with a minimum of fuss by explicitly including the software scaler
(which is also a colourspace converter, remember)-- '-vf scale'.
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>
"Yay, more drama again!  I love the furry fandom!" --Devin