[MPlayer-users] divx2 mpeg2

armin.gerritsen at philips.com armin.gerritsen at philips.com
Tue Jun 10 10:18:40 CEST 2003

Ron Leonard wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] Hi, I am Looking for an encoder to convert divx
> to mpeg preferablly mpeg2 or 3.
> I hope you can stear me in the right direction. Thanks much

MPEG3? Did that ever get beyond the paper-stage?
If I remeber correctly it was intended as DVB-standard, but because
everybody uses MPEG2 for that, it became less obsolete, and was never
developed beyond paper. You are sure you don't mean MPEG4?

But anyway, for Windows there is the nice TMPGEnc tool.
Free for MPEG1 and for a small amount of money you get MPEG2 too.
Windows only however.

Reagrds,

Armin