[MPlayer-users] More on encoding quality - using Vorbis

joe user palehaole at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 09:43:46 CEST 2003

--- Paulo Dias <pcd at ieg.com.br> wrote:
> In theory you only need liblame and recompile
> mplayer... don`t forget to check
> if mplayer found the liblame...

Thanks for the tips, Paulo.  I looked at the
configure.log to see what was going on.  It found
<lame/lame.h> but then the link failed so it said that
there is no liblame.  I had to put /usr/local/lib in
/etc/ld.conf and then run ldconfig, then I ran
configure again and it properly detected and compiled
everything.  This is all under Redhat 9, which doesn't
come with any MP3 support.  Now I can encode an AVI
with MPEG4 video and mp3 audio, and I should get a
fairly good result.  At least good enough until Xiph
comes up with a real solution.

Thanks for your help!