[MPlayer-users] Could not open/initialize audio device

Klaus Becker colonius at mangoosta.fr
Mon Jun 9 21:31:57 CEST 2003

Hello,

Checking audio filter chain for 44100Hz/2ch/16bit -> 44100Hz/2ch/16bit...
AF_pre: af format: 2 bps, 2 ch, 44100 hz, little endian signed int
AF_pre: 44100Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound

I use mplayer under mandrake 9.1 and kde. I disabled arts and with arts, I
tried "-ao arts" option, without success. First, sound worked, but after
trying a lot of video-options I found in the documentation, suddenly, this
problem appeared.

thanks for help
Klaus