[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD PLayback with -ss option

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Mon Jun 9 19:15:59 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> If you check a few DVDs, you'll find that timestamp often resets to 0
> at some or all chapter boundaries, or after the opening logos, etc. In
> fact, it can reset at ANY point. So timestamp is not at all
> reliable/useful for seeking (or for anything except maintaining a/v
> sync) in mpeg.

I don't know why someone wants that -ss feature for DVDs, but I want
it to stop a DVD at some point and than start at exact this
position. Maybe it is possible to get the current position in the file
from mplayer somewhere and than set it at the new startup? It would be
great for bookmarking positions and for Freevo to make it possible to
set another audio stream.

Dischi

--
This file will self-destruct in five minutes.