[MPlayer-users] Does mplayer -vo 3dfx work with voodoo2?

Mike Carr mcarr at macrolink.bc.ca
Mon Jun 9 01:24:51 CEST 2003

Heyas,

I've been trying for a couple days to get mplayer -vo 3dfx to work
properly with my Voodoo2. It tries to initialize the video, flickers for
a second, does NOT show the 3dfx logo, and then bombs with a message
like the following:

X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
Atom id in failed request:  0x0
Serial number of failed request:  12

I can supply more output if that is helpful. I have tested my 3dfx
capabilities (using the test00-test29 scripts supplied with glide2) as
my normal user, all test scripts seem to work fine. I've tried with a
variety of different video source files using different codecs, none
seem to work.

I'm running debian unstable using the codec packages available at
marrilat.free.fr, my player-686 package is version 0.90-0.2, so I think
I'm running the latest version of mplayer possible. My glide2 packages
are the latest available, etc, etc.

I've tried in a variety of screen modes, different resolutions,
different color depths. I've tried playing with the -vop and -pp options
to see if they could possible help with no success.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions, reading material or URL's
that might help me? I've tried to leave out most of the potiential
information that I could dump here because I'm not sure what is relevant
and what isn't, please feel free to ask for any output and I can supply
it.

Any help appreciated :)

--
-Mike