[MPlayer-users] problem with mov file

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Sun Jun 8 17:21:44 CEST 2003

Hello...

I have one mov file (old, low quality, some joke). it is playable with media player in windows, it was playable with old mplayer (I don't know version, but if it
wouldn't work I would not burn it to cd...)

when I try now with 0.90final I get only this.

Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/local/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90rc5-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices  (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

Reading config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or directory
Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open '/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 50 audio & 136 video codecs
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
Font /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)
Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf : No such file or directory
Can't open input config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/input.conf : No such file or directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config

Playing twist.mov
MOV: Reference Media file!!!
QuickTime/MOV file format detected.

Playing twist00.mov
File not found: 'twist00.mov'

Playing twist01.mov
File not found: 'twist01.mov'

Exiting... (End of file)

---
I tried to rename files but of course it didn't worked...

what should I do to play this file? I looked for some option to disable references but I found none....

I don't send bugreport because I didn't used cvs version... but if it is needed I will send it (and uplaod the file)
(but for me it looks it is not bug, only mplayer is now too advanced and it tries to do more then it is necessary...)

btw, when will be mplayer 0.91? ;-)