[MPlayer-users] run mplayer crash on ppc , sig : 4 , illegal instruction , last syscall 42

tan keen keentan_coldfire at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Jun 7 09:21:46 CEST 2003

hi,

     I have cross-compiled (static lib link) Mplayer on host (i686 ,redhat ) to platform ppc ( 8241 ) .

     when i run my Mplayer (for ppc )on the 8241 platform ,it was crashed . The problem is :

             Exeptioin in kernel mode sig : 4
             font : can't open file  //.mplayer/font/font.desc ..
             font : can't opendo_pipe1
             last syscall 42
             illegal instuction

      I have read the doc and find these words :

General SIGILL (signal 4):
Problem: you compiled and run MPlayer on different machines (for example compiled on P3 and running on Celeron)
Solution: compile MPlayer on the same machine where you will use it!
Workaround: ./configure --disable-sse etc. options

    But , i do  --disable -sse and i do cross compile mplayer for ppc 8241 and run it on exact  8241 , mybe i have do something wrong ,can anyone help me ? can you tell me something about these error and help me out of  it ? Thanck you !!

---keentan---