[MPlayer-users] Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support) when playing over mplayer /dev/dvd

Jörg Esser jackfritt at boh.de
Fri Jun 6 15:34:48 CEST 2003

Chris Phillips schrieb:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>

>>>There's got to be a better way to do what I wrote above, but that's what
>>>comes to mind.... :)
>>>

>>But if you don´t know how much titles a new dvd has you have to insert
>>it first and then you can write a new script.
>>I want to automate it. Just play the whole dvd. Think I´ve to write a
>>script what looks for the titles an then I use your
>>little "for" routine :)
>>
>>Thought maybe this is an bug because Road Trip DVD has problems and
>>Mr.Deeds hasn´t.
>>

>it's not a bug, just someone not using the program correctly.... why would you
>ever want to play ALL the tracks? most dvd tracks contain other information, and
>shouldn't be played... only play the real video tracks, not the menu tracks,
>sound test tracks....

Ok let me clear something. I´ve got 2 DVD one is Mr. Deeds and the other
is Road Trip.
I play Road Trip with :
mplayer  dvd://
and get only the first part of the intro then it stops playing. The
films seems to be the 2. title
so why does it stop here ?
I play  Mr. Deeds with:
mplayer dvd://
and get the first part of the intro and all the rest from the film
playing. That´s what I always want.

You said there are other tracks I shouldn´t play. Ok got that but how
can I tell which tracks are the video track ?
I need to play the film. I there an order ? Maybe 1. is always the intro
2. is the film 3. is making of etc. ?
I need to automate the whole thing. Put a DVD in my drive push the play
button and be happy ;)
But if every DVD has other title and works different I can´t automate
the whole thing.
I don´t want to look at the DVD to decide to use this or that option for
mplayer to view the film that´s
to hard for dummy people like me :) (Ok I want to build a DVD player
without almost any user interaction)

Thx,

Joerg Esser