[MPlayer-users] Random pause while playback?

Bob Cheng hdrhg at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:09:42 CEST 2003

Hi:

  I have an annoying problem on my EPIA-5000 board with Redhat 7.3 and
alsa-0.9.4: When I play mpeg2 or divx movie files, mplayer 0.9 will stop
video and audio playback for a short time and resume immediately. I can see
this message on my console:

alsa-space: xrun of at least xxx msecs. resetting stream

I still have this random pause problem even if I choose oss driver which
comes from Redhat 7.3 or alsa-oss emulation, but I don't see this message on
console.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bob Cheng