[MPlayer-users] Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support) when playing over mplayer /dev/dvd

Jörg Esser jackfritt at boh.de
Fri Jun 6 11:27:56 CEST 2003

Corey Hickey schrieb:

> Joerg Esser wrote:
>
>> It´s this damned Road Trip DVD what makes trouble. When I try mplayer
>> dvd:// it only plays the first title but is has 15 titles.
>> I rent another one (Mr. Deeds) and this one works fine with mplayer
>> dvd://
>> Every title is played correct.
>>
>> Anyone else had similar problems ?
>>
>> Thx,
>>
>> and yes I RTFM :)
>>

> Are you saying you want to play all 15 titles, one after another?
>
> mplayer dvd://1 dvd://2 dvd://3 ... dvd://15
>
> -or-
>
> mplayer $(for i in $(seq 1 15) ; do echo dvd://$i ; done)
>
> There's got to be a better way to do what I wrote above, but that's what
> comes to mind.... :)

But if you don´t know how much titles a new dvd has you have to insert
it first and then you can write a new script.
I want to automate it. Just play the whole dvd. Think I´ve to write a
script what looks for the titles an then I use your
little "for" routine :)

Thought maybe this is an bug because Road Trip DVD has problems and
Mr.Deeds hasn´t.

Thx for the ideas,

Prost,

Joerg Esser