[MPlayer-users] Re: Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support) whenplaying over mplayer /dev/dvd

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Fri Jun 6 05:24:12 CEST 2003

Joerg Esser wrote:
> I want to play a whole dvd (Road Trip german) I know
> how to play a title:
> mplayer dvd://1

It's not really clear what you want to do. If you want to play a
specific title, you already know how. If you want be able to navigate
the DVD menus, MPlayer isn't the best option. I'm pretty sure dvdnav
doesn't currently work in MPlayer, though the config option is still
there. I use Xine for DVD navigation and MPlayer for everything else. It
sounds like making dvdnav work properly is a priority for MPlayer G2,
but who knows how far off that is.

Jonathan Rogers