[MPlayer-users] Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support) when playing over mplayer /dev/dvd

Joerg Esser Jackfritt at boh.de
Fri Jun 6 00:38:56 CEST 2003

Hi,

I´m using :

MPlayer dev-CVS-030605-23:30-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices  (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

configure:
Checking for VCD support ... ok
Checking for DVD support (libmpdvdkit) ... yes
Checking for DVD support (libcss - old style) ... no
Checking for DVD support (libdvdread - new style) ... disabled by
libmpdvdkit2
Checking for DVD support (libdvdnav) ... no
Enabled optional drivers:
     Input: network edl tv cdda mpdvdkit2 vcd
     Codecs: qtx divx5linux libavcodec dshow/dmo win32 libmad
     Audio output: alsa9 oss mpegpes(dvb)
     Video output: vesa jpeg png mpegpes(dvb)
   Disabled optional drivers:
     Input: tv-v4l tv-bsdbt848 matroska dvdnav dvdread dvdcss smb
     Codecs: divx4linux xvid libdv real xanim faad2 libtheora libvorbis
liblzo gif
     Audio output: sgi sun esd arts dxr2 nas win32 sdl macosx
     Video output: xvidix bl zr dxr3 dxr2 directx sdl gif89a fbdev svga
aa ggi xmga mga opengl dga xv x11 directfb tdfx_vid tdfxfb 3dfx

kernel 2.4.20 and have the following problem:

I want to play a whole dvd (Road Trip german) I know
how to play a title:
mplayer dvd://1

but after this title DVD playing stops !
but when I try to use:

mplayer /dev/dvd
(what worked some versions ago :)

I get this error:
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read
DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
a52: CRC check failed!
a52: error at resampling
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read
DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
a52: CRC check failed!
a52: error at resampling

so my question is how can I play a whole DVD without this error ?

Or is it just this DVD what makes trouble ? (Don´t have another one yet :)

Thx for this great piece of Software,

Joerg Esser