[MPlayer-users] Latest cvs: -cdrom-device without effect; when dvdnav again

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Jun 5 06:34:35 CEST 2003

Hi.
1.
I'm using latest Version of CVS, when trying:
mplayer -cdrom-device /dev/:dvd vcd://2
mplayer does not play and says "/dev/cdrom not found", so the -cdrom-device
flag does not seem to have any effect (i have to use the dvd, cause my scsi
cdrom does not work with vcds)

2.
when will we be able to compile mplayer against latest libdvdnav libraries,
that use a slight different api?
is this support still alive or will i have to recode it myself (just asking to
prevent from useless work - as i would have to completely read me into
mplayer and libdvdnav code)

thanks, thomas