[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 7

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Wed Jun 4 11:47:45 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 15:12, mplayer-users-request at mplayerhq.hu wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 05:36:24AM -0400, Yan Seiner wrote:
> > I am trying to capture a video tape that has Japanese on one channel and
> > English on the other.  So far, no luck.
> >
> > My bt848 card is a mono card, so I am running the composite signal from
> > the vcr into the tv card, and the audio into the sound card.  This
> > works; I get both stereo channels.
> >
> > The problem comes when I want to record Lanuage 1 or Language 2.  I
> > can't.  I either get nothing, or both channels.
>
> Try using -af pan=1:1:0 or -af pan=1:0:1 to get rid of one of the
> channels.

This is a playback option.  I'm really looking for a record option, or a
playback keyboard command that would cycle through the 4 sound playback
modes: 1: stereo, 2: mono, 3: left on both channels (Lang 1), and 4:
right on both channels (Lang 2).

> > and here's my aumix settings:
> >
> > [yan at poseidon MPlayer-20030603]$ cat ~/.aumixrc
> > vol:55:55:P
> > pcm:55:55:P
> > speaker:0:0:P
> > line:55:55:R
> > mic:0:0:P
> > cd:0:0:P
> > igain:48:48:P
> > line1:0:0:P
> > phin:0:0:P
> > video:0:0:P
>
> Alternatively you could set the line-in volume to 55:0 or 0:55 to shut
> off one of the channels.

Yup.  This should work, but I'd still rather control it via mplayer.

(I'm not grousing; I have some appreciation of the amount of work that's
gone into mplayer.  Thanks to all the developers for this marvelous
piece of software.)

--Yan