[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-CVS breaks skins

thurgood marshall thrugoodmarshall at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 19:40:25 CEST 2003

The GUI (display only) seems broken in gmplayer for MPlayer-CVS.

If I build mplayer-0.90 on my system, make, and make install, then skins
work fine.

However, if I build mplayer-CVS (last one I tried was about 5/23 or so),
then gmplayer shows all black for the controls, and movie window when not
playing a movie.  The controls have the correct shape for the various skins
and the "splash" screen has the appropriate size.  They're just all black!
Clicking in the appropriate places on the controls causes expected behaviour
(Play/Pause, etc.).  But it's hard to do that when everything is the same
color!

Mybe I had some bits and pieces from previous versions that broke the cvs?
But make uninstall prior to building cvs doesn't seem to improve things.

I have tried building cvs both with and without copying libavcodec (from
ffmpeg-cvs) to the "main" folder of mplayer-cvs.  Note that I didn't find
said folder in CVS like in the past.

Has anybody seen/solved this problem?
What did you do to fix it?

FWIW, I'm using slackware-9.