[MPlayer-users] .ram doesn't work in mplayer

Georg Törnqvist georg.t at bigfoot.com
Sun Jun 1 15:33:52 CEST 2003

On Sunday 01 June 2003 15:22, Sascha Sommer wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > I'd very much like to play
> > http://www.sr.se/p3/diverse/appdata/krull/sounds/krulla.ram
> > Can anyone help me? I've installed the mplayer-0.90-fr0.7rc5 (as rpm) and
>
> put
>
> > the real codecs from http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/ in
>
> the
>
> > /usr/lib/win32 directory. This was just a wild guess of mine since I
>
> couldn't
>
> > find any instructions on where to put them.
> >
> > I've found instructions on how to play realplayer-streams in mplayer by
> > compiling from source and passing some ---withlib-option to the
>
> configuration
>
> > script - but I'd rather stick to rpms... :o
> >
> > Thanks is advance,
>
> This file is only a playlist. The real stream can be found at
> rtsp://lyssna.sr.se/p3/Krull/KrullA.rm
> It won't work with 0.90, though.
> You will have to install main cvs version to be able to play it.
>
> Sascha

Thanx for answering!
But how did you get hold of the link rtsp://lyssna.sr.se/p3/Krull/KrullA.rm?

I'll try to install the cvs-version and see what happens.
Where should which realcodecs be put? And when - after or before the
installation?

I've read on previous postings that rtsp isn't supported by mplayer. Is it
now? If I can't get the cvs-version running, is there a way to rip the file
off the server? This particular file will be updated and replaced next
Friday, so I don't have to much time... :(

/g