[MPlayer-users] Re: Dumping CC subtitles

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sun Jun 1 03:38:17 CEST 2003

ephemeron at softhome.net wrote:
> You've had a bad day, right?  Please look at what I really wrote
> above.  Even in my grammatically flawed English, I wasn't telling
> *YOU* to RTFM.  *I* was referring to myself ("all I have to do").

No, I wasn't even in a bad mood; I just misunderstood you. I'm very
sorry for jumping to conclusions. I was too defensive. I read your
response several times, but I still got the wrong idea. I'll be more
careful next time. We really need the <sarcasm> tag; there just aren't
enough clues in prose to infer the tone of the speaker. Please forgive
me for jumping to conclusions.

It reminds me of a Simpsons episode in which Homer is angry at his boss
and dictates a nasty letter in a sarcastic tone. When read in a normal
tone, however, the letter sounds perfectly amicable except for one last
sentence, which was composed by Bart. I'm sure the Simpsons fans will
remember the episode.

By the way, did you mean that there are websites with just subtitles in
easy usable formats? That would be convenient.

Jonathan Rogers