[MPlayer-users] audio only title

smuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Thu Jul 31 18:23:23 CEST 2003

Try to open mplayer with the gmplayer or graphics display option. Then click the right button of your mouse and choose in DVD to "open dvd". Then look at titles and chapters and in the one that you want to see and hear the sound, look if there are two kinds of sound. Then choose PCM as the Dolby.... one, doesn't work, at least in my computer.
I had the same problem with a DVD of an Opera and this was the problem.

Good luck!

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:16:56 -0500 (CDT)
Frederick Bruckman <fredb at immanent.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, matt zagrabelny wrote:

> > hello,
> >
> > i have a dvd with a title that has only audio on it. when you choose a
> > chapter (from this title) an image is displayed and the audio is played
> > (on a dvd player, not a computer). whereas mplayer opens a window (it
> > does *not* show the image) and exits immediately (before playing
> > anything, that is).
> >
> > i really only care about the audio (obviously), so if i can get mplayer
> > to play the audio, i will be happy. i have tried the following "-aid
> > 128", "-hardframedrop", "-vo null". complete stabs in the dark (i know).
>
> It looks like there is actually a video stream of extremely short
> or zero length. Try "-vo null -vc null" to ignore it completely.
>
> Frederick

Santiago Muelas
E.T.S. Ingenieros de Caminos, (U.P.M)    Tf.: (34) 91 336 66 59
e-mail: smuelas at mecanica.upm.es          Fax: (34) 91 336 67 61
www: http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas