[MPlayer-users] AC3 5+1??

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Jul 31 10:55:00 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:19:35AM +0200, JJ2Dogs wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a problem with ac3 5+1. I want to have a movie with 5+1
> sound so for the first time I used -oac copy. But it made an ac3
> stereo sound. Than I tried the -ac hwac3 -oac copy but it didn't
> encoded the whole film, there was some error...?

If you got stereo ac3, that means either (a) the headers mencoder
writes are bogus and it's really 5.1 -- no need to worry! or (b) you
selected the stereo-only channel by mistake and need to use -aid to
select the proper 5.1 audio track instead. In any case you definitely
should not use -ac hwac3 with mencoder...

Rich