[MPlayer-users] Video editor advice?

Alan Murrell alanm at vcn.bc.ca
Wed Jul 30 15:59:05 CEST 2003

On July 30, 2003 01:17 am, you wrote:
> >'-ovc rawgrb', which outputs excellently to a 700MB Divx file.  However,
>
> ? -oac rawrgb doesn't make divx, so i don't understand what you're saying!

Sorry, I missed smoething out there.  What I meant was when I take the rawrgb
file and convert it to a 700MB Dvix file, the quality is *so* good... I
didn;t notice any artefacts (or blocking) in the test files I did, and A/V
sync was excellent.

> How big are the rgb files?

Aboout 48GB for 2 hours; I have a 53GB file, but that's because I accidently
run a little over the end of the movies.  I would like to clip that last
little bit off, preferably in an editor.

I thought perhaps I could encode to a Divx file with a high video bitrate,
clip the end off that I don't need, then re-encode to a 700MB Divx file.

> kino should do this,

Someone else suggested this, and I took a look, but it seems to only handle DV
format (or is that just a generic term?  I thought "DV format" was what
digital camcorders produced. Would rawrgb format qualify under this?)

I will give it a go, and see what happens.  Thank you for your input.

Alan Murrell <alanm at vcn.bc.ca>