[MPlayer-users] Re: mencoder/crop => image distortion

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Tue Jul 29 19:04:55 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> No, if they release poor quality dvds, they're stupid. Or maybe they
> just think their customers are. I have definitely seen BAD dvds which
> have serious noticable blocking/quantization artifacts...

Please read a message entirely before replying to it. I also said
I've seen poorly encoded DVD movies, which would indicate poor
tools or that the person didn't know how to effectively use the
tools. However, I've seen no correlation between the size of the
borders and the quality of the encoding. You implied that since
DVD movies have borders, whoever encoded them must be stupid.
That's the implication that makes you sound arrogant.

Jonathan Rogers