[MPlayer-users] Video editor advice?

Alan Murrell alan at murrell.ca
Mon Jul 28 02:59:18 CEST 2003

Hello,

On July 27, 2003 02:54 am, rcooley wrote:
> the -ss positions for each point...  Although, mencoder doesn't work
> with -edl, so you have to use mplayer to dump the edited file.

A couple of questions with regards to this:

  1. How do you dump the edited file?  Would I do something like this:
        mplayer -vo fbdev -edl test.edl test.avi > test_edl.avi
  2. Will the dumped (edited) file be in the same format as the original
source, or am I able to specify the format of the dumped file at the time?

Uhm, I think that is it for now.  Thank you.

Alan Murrell <alanm at vcn.bc.ca>