[MPlayer-users] Encoding for Pocket PC

Francis Siefken fsiefken at cs.uu.nl
Tue Jul 22 02:22:39 CEST 2003

> Any hint where to look? All I see is people moaning about windows s/ware
there. nothing about mencoder as far as I can see...

No I have to admit, I didn't use mencoder to create the files but
virtualdub.
I do however know that q-pel and b-frames and GMC weren't supported
correctly when I tried it a while ago - so maybe you want to check you don't
use them - also it might be wise to stick to some multiples of 16 for the
horizontal and vertical resulotion - these are the kind of tips that are
also discussed on the forum where the people are "moaning about windows
s/ware". What I was saying is that your issue *might* not be mencoder
specific - also your mencoder version might not have the latest xvid/divx...
or maybe it does have the bleeding edge libraries and you want to
downgrade... etc etc.

It's odd that you can't play the pocketmatrix clips they work perfectly with
my hp jornada arm... I remember something there were some problems with the
latest xscale and pocketmvp.. but I don't know what exactly. However that
problem MIGHT be related to the problems you have with your mpegs. Further
clues.

As I said, for video on the pocketpc I am currently with helix.

all the best,
Francis