[MPlayer-users] hi

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 22 00:09:55 CEST 2003

Anarky wrote:
> player actions ... what should I do to start it cleanly in the
> background (maybe without it even writign to the background console?
That's a question about the filemanager you use, NOT about mplayer.
However, as a quick solution, you could put "xterm -e" before your
command, which would probably work no matter what your filemanager.

> PS2: since I didn't subscribe to the mailing list or anything (I don't
> know how, I just got this email from the man) .. I don't know if I'll be
> getting the replies to this post. In case the list needs subscription,
> please somebody mail me & tell me how and maybe until I do you could
> send CCs of the replies to me personally, please?

You aren't going to find many people willing to help you if you don't
put some effort into it.  If you had spent 5 seconds searching on google
or any other search engine, you would have found mplayer's homepage, and
from there, you would have found a link to the mailing list.