[MPlayer-users] Fast recompress

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Jul 21 18:29:03 CEST 2003

On Monday 21 July 2003 08:34, Attila Kinali wrote:
> >  My understanding is that the situation is
> > similar in mencoder - colorspace conversions are already performed only
> > when necessary, which should mean that most of the time they're not
> > performed at all.  Anybody w/ deeper knowledge of vdub or mencoder,
> > please feel free to correct me :-)
>
> That's right.

However, there are programs which re-use motion vectors for example, to
quickly recompress DVDs >5 Gig to fit onto one 5 gig-DVD-R.

vdub could be one of them.

Maybe G2-stuff, however this is a very specific problem which could as well be
handled by extra software (anyhow, it has to be done on a deeper level than
frame-handling).

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/