[MPlayer-users] Install MPlayer with faad2 audio codec

Robert robertLinux at gmx.de
Mon Jul 21 12:40:20 CEST 2003

Hello.
I compiled MPlayer-0.90 with ffmpeg-cvs-2003-07-20 and this works
except my films I want to watch have no sound. Analyzing the film I
want to play it says it has MPEG-4 Audio, Steareo, 22.05 kHz, 16 Bits
(Variable Bitrate).

  So I decided to configure and compile MPlayer with faad2 support and I
downloaded

Freeware Advanced Audio Decoder 2
http://www.audiocoding.com/

FAAD 2 is a LC, MAIN and LTP profile, MPEG2 and MPEG-4 AAC decoder,
completely
written from scratch. FAAD 2 is licensed under the GPL.

I ./configure'd:
./configure  --enable-faad

and I get the following error:

Checking for faad2 (AAC) support ... /tmp/mplayer-conf-9372-11539.o:
error while loading shared libraries: libfaad.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

libfaad.so.0 is a sym link and resides in usr/local/lib.

What can I do?

Many thaks for help,
Robert