[MPlayer-users] gmplayer audio don't work for controls redhat 8 and 9

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 18:47:31 CEST 2003

Attila Kinali wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html] On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:55:54 -0400 The Wanderer
> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

>> Kernel version is part of the general information requested in
>> every case, but the other two may be a bit more of a problem. As I
>> said, my sound card is actually a chip integrated into the
>> motherboard; I can give the manifacturer and model name/number, but
>> I've got no idea what driver is being used, and the only way I know
>> of to even try to find out more than is available through lspci -v
>> involves restarting the system
>
> lspci -v is most times enough

It doesn't provide the driver information... but if you say so, I'll
take your word for it.

>> and reading the startup messages, which is scarcely an ideal
>> solution. ^_^ dmesg is of no use in this case, since the buffer it
>> reads has been getting flooded with network error messages from
>> both known and unknown causes, and the actual startup messges are
>> long since gone.
>
> every real distro writes kernel messages to a log file, most have
> /var/log/kern.log, but at least it's logged also to /var/log/messages
> or /var/log/syslog (depending on your distro).

I have all three files, but none of them has the startup messages in it.
I'm running a somewhat out-of-date version of the Libranet variant on
Debian, tracking woody and sarge for the most part.

I'll send a separate bug report, but possibly not today as I don't want
to be late for work.

--
       The Wanderer