[MPlayer-users] merge quicktime files

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 16 19:33:53 CEST 2003

I have mplayer installed with the quicktime codecs and can play
quicktime movies just fine.  I was wondering if there is any command
line tool that would enable me to join several quicktime movies into
one, ie, the equivalent of cat *.mov > new.mov.  I have transcode
installed, but do not have quicktime compiled in, and hesitate to go
down the road of compiling transcode with all it's dependencies.  I
know avimerge works for avi files, but don't know how to proceed with
quicktime files

  [tcprobe] Apple QuickTime movie file
  (probe_mov.c) no support for Quicktime compiled - exit.
  [tcprobe] failed to probe source

Thanks!
JDH

MPlayer 0.90rc4-3.2 on RHL 8.0