[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Wed Jul 16 08:11:52 CEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rett Walters" <rettw at rtwnetwork.com>
To: "MPlayer user'slist." <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server

> >at this point in d_video there will be an interleaved stream of audio
> >and video (as Rett's stream.dump shows: it was generated with
> >-dumpvideo, not with -dumpstream)
> >This is the reason why in Rett's case mplayer soon dies: because his
> >video stream is corrupted by the relative audio data.
> >
> >Maybe I'm  missing something?
> >
> I think I understand what you have found - the next question I have is
what can we
> do about it?  It seems that something in Mplayer only expects video in a
single rtp
> stream and audio needs to be in another (not interleaved)?
>
> Thanks for your research into the issue so far.
>
> Rett

Yes, so it seems.
If my analysis is correct,
maybe sending the streams separately could help, but in each of the streams
there will be PES headers that will be considered part of  the ES streams,
and will likely lead to A/V corruption.

IMHO demux_rtp should build a pipelined demuxer on top of its demuxer->video
(that will call demux_ts for this particular case).

I believe that this thread should move to mplayer-dev-eng, where we will
find much more help.

Nico