[MPlayer-users] encoding audio as Ogg/Vorbis

Alex [CROW] alexcrow at ua.fm
Sun Jul 13 23:03:07 CEST 2003

On Sunday 13 July 2003 22:20, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> actually I'm trying to record something form TV (audio
> works great with mp3lame), but I can't find a option
> to tell mencoder to encode audio to Ogg/Vorbis.

>From %{_docdir}/encoding.html:

-cut- - -
7.4 Stream copying
MEncoder can handle input streams in two ways: encode or copy them.
This section is about copying.
Audio stream (option -oac copy): straightforward. It is possible to
take an external audio file (MP3, Vorbis) and mux it into the output
stream. Use the -audiofile <filename> option for this.
-cut- - -

mencoder itself probably can't encode Vorbis but can use preencoded
streams. Only MPlayer (and *nix) will be able to play them, since
much players never expect Vorbis in AVIs, but Mplayer doesn't
assume.

Beware: if you use '-oac copy' then console A-V sync output may show
rapidly increasing offsync, but in fact all plays fine (that was true
with some prerelease of MPlayer, i don't know if situation changed
for now)

--
Best regards,
Alex Dunaevsky  <alexcrow at ua.fm>