[MPlayer-users] Re: Playing xcd image files

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sun Jul 13 00:21:01 CEST 2003

Martin Collins wrote:
> You've reminded me of a tip someone gave me when I was first trying to
> figure this out: use -ss. The optimum time to use varies between
> discs; some don't need it at all, others need 5 minutes or more.

You mean you might end up having to skip five minutes of the movie? I
don't consider that an acceptible workaround. Right now, I seem to be
able to get things to work by tuning the cache value. I might have to
get into the MPlayer VCD reading code. I don't have any real VCDs, so I
don't know if MPlayer has these problems with them.

Jonathan Rogers