[MPlayer-users] Re: New Mplayer Release???

Martin Grim mgrim at freeler.nl
Sat Jul 12 00:11:59 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Martin could you please send me your test program to have a look at your
> structure? I;ve built something under Java, but I am also a bit confused
> with the mplayer behaviour.

I hate to say it, <SHAME> but in the end my test program was faulty </SHAME>.
The fflush(stdout) after my prints to stdout did the trick. Thanks to Rich for
pointing this out.

My test program looks something like

#include "everything needed.h"

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    // some checking on argc and argv

    int index = 0;

    while (index != atoi(argv[1]))
    {
        sleep(5);
        printf("command for mplayer\n");	// could be pause or seek
        fflush(stdout);                    // the missing piece...
    }

    return 0;
}

In the end, this does exactly what I expected. Next thing is to incorporate
this into my realy program... Lets see how that goes.

Martin